We have seen a rash of malware attacks in the last couple of weeks, many people have asked how they contract something like this. Well be warned that any website could be infected, even a site that you may have gone to thousands of times in the past, just like your machine, they can get infected and spread the malicious software. Today while browsing a site that I check every day, as it pertains to my field (I will not provide a name or link at this time, as they are infected), I got a pop-up.
 |
It reads: Windows Antivirus 2012 has found critical process activity on your PC and will perform fast scan of system files!
|
This is an obvious case of malware attempting to be executed on my system. If I press 'Ok', or even the 'X' button, I am potentially agreeing to let the malicious code run on my machine. This can happen to you despite our best efforts to stay ahead of these types of threats, as the virus and malware coders work tirelessly every day to find ways to get around security measures. If you see something like this, either in the field or in the office, call IT immediately, touch nothing, agree to nothing just call us, and we'll hopefully be able to stop the infection before it starts. If it's after hours, I would recommend using ctrl+alt+del to get to the task manager and killing the Internet Explorer's process (iexplorer.exe), or if in citrix, ctrl+F1. Hope this helps some folks from avoiding this irritating digital pitfall going forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment