Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

Itunes Phishing Scam....Be Careful!!!!!!


Recently I have been receiving phony emails prompting me to change my Itunes password, the subject is 'How to reset your Apple ID password' and the body of the emails look like the following.....




If you receive an email such as this unsolicited (i.e. you did not purposefully choose to change your password) then you are being targeted by a phishing scam.  Going to the link in the email to change your password would actually expose your real password to the scammers, giving them access to your itunes account and potentially (if you have it saved to itunes, I know I do) credit card data.  Solicitation for your password is never done without you initiating the process, as itunes already knows your password.  Only change your password in the official itunes application, do not fall for this scam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment